Saturday 15 June 2013

A Warbler Day...

So, Warbler Migration is this awesome time when warblers show up here, and amaze us with their colours and sounds..  Unfortunately in my little Kitty filled corner of Saskatchewan, I hadnt seen very many... so on a Rainy Yucky Overcast day, I went for a drive.. Started off seeing Orioles (Everywhere!!)..
This guy is eating the Algae ..


Then I spotted some movement.. a Blackpoll Warbler!!


Followed by.. a Yellow Warbler!! (lots and lots of these)


A Tree filled with Purple Martins..


Then I saw this little guy.. a Tennessee Warbler!!


More Baltimore Orioles - Their Orange is so bright against the gray!


Then.. I Spotted this... Didnt look like an Oriole.. Didnt look like anything I had seen before... Yes, a New bird!! an American Redstart!


and Some sort of Flycatcher I believe.. difficult to ID these guys..



So I did Finally get to see my warblers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment