Tuesday 5 August 2014

The Great Goldfinch Rescue

(If you have me on facebook, you will have heard the story.. now with more pictures!!)

So I went out to refill my goldfinch feeder and I saw a goldfinch on it!! (Picture time!) Got a little bit closer and went, Oh NO!!  We thought it was dead..
Went to go try to get it out, and.. WHAT? Its still alive???
After a bit of finessing, we finally got the poor thing out... Shaking like a leaf, and obviously not doing so good



We started cupping water in our hands and letting him drink... after 10 or so min, he seemed a bit stronger!





Not too impressed by the camera.. (Sorry birdie)

I got him up high, he started fluttering his wings like mad.. held him for a bit and finally he took off!  (Yes, after leaving a parting gift of Poo in my hand)

2 comments:

  1. Poor guy! I'm glad you were able to help him. Who knew a birdfeeder could be a deathtrap?

    ReplyDelete