Sunday 11 November 2012

In the snow you find.. Snowy Animals!!

As you might have seen, we got hit with quite a bit of snow this weekend... (and some chilly temps too!)... So I figured, the best thing to do was.. go for a nice, hour long walk in the snow!!
The faithful companion soon turned back... Think she was muttering something about dumb humans..


But! I found this adorable little Downy woodpecker!! He was flitting from tree to tree.


SO tiny!! and fast! and cute!!


After the woodpecker flew away, I decided to visit the kitty!
This look here is him saying "Are you NUTS? You want me to go in this crap for pictures?" So I then left him alone..


Then, our beloved Pheasant made an appearance! As you could guess, food is a little scarce under a foot of snow.. so we supplied him with a pot of rolled oats and corn... didnt take him long to figure that out!



And more snow today.. I think I shall soon go for a walk in it.. (bringing the camera of course)

2 comments:

  1. that is such a cool pheasant and it appears to like having its picture taken love the dog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He doesnt seem to mind me too much! anyone else, he gets a bit jumpy..
      The dogs name is Witless!!

      Delete